Been a while since the last time I updated this noteblog. Got a way to boost calories intake for Mas R. Chocolate mousse. Got 2 recipes. The hard one from Serge, my Swiss friend in Rotterdam and the simple one from Ready Steady Cook.
100 ml whipping cream (slagroom)
200 gr dark (pure) chocolate block
pinch of vanilla powder
2 tablespoon of fresh milk
The Hard way:
1. Put chocolate with fresh milk in a bowl then put the bowl on a bigger bowl of hot water to melt the chocolate (not au bain marie). Leave to melt, stir once in a while. When it melts, add the eggyolk, while still in the hot water bowl.
2. Beat the cream and vanilla in a bowl with mixer or electric beater until thick and hold its shape
3. Beat the eggwhite in another bowl until hard (if you put the bowl upside down it shouldn't be spilled out)
4. Add the eggwhite into the whipped cream mixture and mix with spoon thoroughly.
5. Add the chocolate melts and mix again with spoon
6. Put the mixture into a serving dish and cover with plastic wrap before storing in the freezer for at least 24 hours.
The Easy Way
1. Ditch the EGG
2. Follow the above instructions no. 1, 2 and 5
3. Follow no.6, but only for 15 minutes in the freezer or around 30 mins in the refridgerator
Then voila! Pret a manger!
Serve in cup or cone.
- Use the chocolate that you like most. Don't use that bitter cooking chocolate. Swiss chocolate is still the best, yummm...
- If you don't like dark chocolate, mix it with milk chocolate (i.e. 100 gr pure, 100 gr milk)